The days of bigger is better banking are over.
NextStep is the Capital Region’s personal-sized credit union. Friendly. Easy to deal with. Convenient local branches … PLUS access to more than 5,300 shared branches and 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs in the Co-op network.
Open your accounts here. Bank from anywhere. And keep us with you wherever you go.
NextStep is a credit union. Like a bank, but better. We offer a select set of the best checking, savings and loan products, each with clearly defined features and benefits.
- Cash back checking and smart savings accounts
- Easy account access through our website and app
- 5,300 shared branches and 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs
- Competitive vehicle, sportcraft and boat loans
- Mortgages and home improvement loans
Who can join?
TO QUALIFY FOR MEMBERSHIP AND BANK WITH US you just need to be able to say yes to either of the two statements below:
YES: I live, work, worship or attend school in Albany County, Rensselaer County or Washington County in New York State.
YES: I’m a family member (by blood or through marriage) of a current NextStep FCU or School Systems FCU member.
The great news is, once you are a member, you can remain a member for life … no matter where your adventures take you.
How to join
- The easiest way to become a member is to do so when you open a NextStep checking or savings account or apply for a vehicle loan, mortgage or home equity loan or line of credit. Joining is a simple step in application process.
- If you plan to apply for an account or loan in person, you are welcome to jumpstart the process by filling out a membership application prior to your visit. But that’s not a requirement, and we’re more than happy to help you fill out your application when you get here.
- Contact us with any questions.